Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Turkey Club Roll

I promised Steve on Sunday that I would make him a Turkey Club Sandwich. Well, I finally got around to it today, but with a twist. I was watching "Fresh with Anna Olsen" on the Foodnetwork while I had my morning coffee and she made Vegetable Salad Rolls with rice paper. So I thought "aha!" I will make Turkey Club Rolls! I had never used rice paper before and they turned out great! They were a big hit with Stevie, too!






I used some deli turkey slices, cooked up some bacon, julienned a carrot and green onion, seeded and julienned a tomato, washed some lettuce leaves and shredded some radicchio.  Once this was all ready, I filled a pie plate with hot water from the kettle to soften the rice papers in.  I added in the carrot, radicchio and onion because that's what I had on hand and I thought it would look nice!  but you could put anything in there like cucumber, red pepper, zucchini even herbs.  I seeded the tomatoes so they wouldn't be too wet.  Then I just dipped my rice paper, laid it on a clean tea towel, filled and rolled.  Easy peasy!!  Here's  the printable recipe for how I made them . 

No comments:

Post a Comment