Saturday, October 1, 2011

Garlic Confit


I came across this recipe in my October issue of Food and Wine Magazine. I absolutely love all things garlic. I always have lots and lots of garlic in my kitchen as I use it everyday. I put it in everything(okay almost everything)I cook. We also have it quite often on roasted or in oil on bread, so I thought this was just a great idea to have on hand and super easy, too!

All you need is
(Printable Recipe)

6 heads of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
6 thyme sprigs
3 small bay leaves
3 dried red chilis
2 cups pure olive oil

Throw it all in a pot and simmer over low heat until the garlic is soft and tender, but not browned.



This takes about 30 minutes. Then use a slotted spoon to transfer the garlic, chilis and herbs into a canning jar and pour the cooking oil over top. Seal and refrigerate for up to 4 months. You can mash this into butter for a spread, mash into potatoes or use in roast chicken.

I will now always have a jar of this "garlic confit" in my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment